Haley House Bakery Cafe is looking for a General Manager to join their team.
This role will provide overall direction and management of the daily operations of the Bakery Cafe, a social enterprise with a $1.2M annual operating budget. Promote the cafe and catering through networking and marketing. Promote excellent hospitality by building a team that is guest-oriented and welcoming. Be dedicated to our mission as well as their partnerships with the community.
This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive pay and benefits including health, life, PTO and voluntary 403(b).
The ideal candidate for this position will have an understanding of the knowledge, history and demographics of the Haley House community with an entrepreneurial vision, a desire for promoting a culture of learning and a commitment to an Open-book Management model.
- Ensure the timely production and delivery of fresh, nutritious, delicious and enticing food offerings to all guests.
Facilities and Operations:
- Set up, implement, and upgrade systems as necessary to ensure smooth and efficient operations, ensure that health and safety standards, such as ServSafe are met and that effective systems are in place to control cash and banking.
- Manage the facility and equipment, including coordinating successful building and health inspections with the city of Boston and overseeing the recycling and waste management activities in a manner that demonstrates environmental sensitivity and leadership.
- Use Open-book Management to develop and monitor annual budgets and goals that will allow the Bakery Cafe, including catering, to operate increasingly on a self-sustaining basis.
- Oversee the growth of the base of happy and loyal guests by establishing and maintaining service standards for all.
- Maintain and enhance events and community programming to ensure that the Bakery Cafe continues to be a vibrant and vital resource for the community.
- Serve as leading and positive presence and ambassador to the community.
- Oversee the professional development of managers and employees consistent with Haley House’s values and Personnel Guidelines.
- Be an active and contributing member of the organization’s executive team, by among other things, informing and implementing organizational policy decisions.
- Experience in the restaurant industry and with financial management.
- Demonstrated experience as a leader and team-builder.
- Excellent skills in guest services.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills.
- Experience at a nonprofit that addresses issues related to homelessness, housing, job training, social justice and/or urban agriculture preferred.
- Commitment to helping the most vulnerable in our society and track record of challenging existing systems of privilege and injustice.
- Commitment to sourcing locally and minimizing environmental impact through recycling and composting.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to the email address below.
Haley House is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to employing a diverse workforce reflective of the communities they serve.