Gustazo Restaurant Group is hiring a service manager for their Waltham location. Gustazo is a tapas restaurant that serves modern interpretations of classic homestyle Cuban dishes. Gustazo has won Best of Boston 2018, 2019, and 2020 and was named one of the best 50 restaurants in Boston in 2019 by Boston Magazine and one of the best openings of 2019 by the Boston Globe for its Cambridge location.
Candidate must have a minimum 2 years experience as a “hands on” restaurant manager in a fast paced dining atmosphere. You need to possess the talent for developing high levels of guest service and employee relations, while keeping it light hearted and fun. You will manage and operate the dining room floor, ensuring the happiness of guests and improving the quality of service everyday. You are responsible for the well being of guests and staff. This requires a combination of an outgoing personality, great people skills and an intuitive understanding of what service is and how it is achieved.
Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Hiring and firing.
- Scheduling of staff, finding coverage and taking responsibility of all shifts.
- Make sure all employees are following the house rules and being safe.
- Have daily lineups and meetings with staff to review goals and expectations.
- Documenting and reporting all meetings and performance evaluations. Set weekly goals and projects, and work with the management team to achieve them.
- Training and education. Adhering by and teaching the company’s core values and mission. Organize on-going training for existing and new staff members
- Create plans for individual staff members that will grow them professionally.
- Maintaining and updating company rules, checklists and procedures.
- Placing and receiving orders.
- Taking inventory of the restaurant’s supplies.
- Corresponding and replying regularly with guests by phone or email.
- Handling credit card authorizations, large party reservations, and daily sales (gift cards, merchandise).
- Know the daily menus (food and beverage) and review with team.
- Keep the restaurant clean, neat and organized. This includes restrooms, offices, hallways, outdoor areas, stations inside the restaurant, and the entire dining room floor.
- Read reviews consistently, and understand ratings.
- Work 6 days per week open to close. Work weekends and holidays. Commit to schedule and cover for other managers when needed.
- Highly engaged, and strong ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills with staff, management team, and guests.
- Ability to work and lead in a team environment, while promoting teamwork and positive employee morale.
- Ability to make well informed yet quick decisions for the good of the restaurant.
- Effective communicator. Able to give/receive feedback as opportunities for growth.
- Highly energetic with a positive and supportive management style.
- Enjoys coaching and teaching, able to motivate staff during both busy and slow times
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ability to prepare, conduct and follow through of FOH staff scheduling for the training programs.
(Must also actively take a stand in creating and implementing training policies throughout the entire restaurant.)
- Fluency in TOAST POS, DOLCE, RESY, Excel, and Microsoft Word. They will train right candidate
- Food Safety certified
- Degree in Business or Hospitality Management, or equivalent of 2+ years management experience in a high volume, full service restaurant. Bar management experience is a plus.
This is a full time, salary based position with paid vacations and benefits. To apply please send your resume to the email address below – they look forward to hearing from you!