Gustazo Cuban Kitchen & Bar – Cambridge is currently hiring a Chef de Cuisine to lead the kitchen at their Cambridge location.
Gustazo has been Best of Boston, was named one of the 50 best restaurants in 2019 by Boston Magazine, and Boston Globe’s Best Sequel 2019 Restaurant Award for the opening of their Cambridge location. Executive Chef Patricia Estorino was nominated to James Beard Award this year!
Cambridge location has 340 seats, with three dining rooms, a PDR, two bars and two large patios. Gustazo is looking for an individual who is passionate about food and hospitality and who possess strong leadership skills and effectively mentors and manages the BOH team with kindness and respect. An individual who is able to work collaboratively with the FOH team maintaining a truly synergic working environment, with the clear goal of consistently creating a memorable dining experience for our guests.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure consistency in quality
- Implementation of seasonal products within current menu and through daily specials
- Control and management of food cost
- Control and management of BOH labor cost
- Menu planning for large party contracts and private events
- Maintaining positive relationships with vendors and sourcing products locally whenever possible.
- Ordering, scheduling, hiring..
Gustazo offers a competitive salary starting at 85K, paid vacations and health insurance.