Gufo, the Coda Group’s (SRV, The Salty Pig) newest restaurant in East Cambridge is hiring a SOUS CHEF. Gufo (Owl in Italian) is a full-service restaurant by night specializing in handmade pasta, pizza and comforting-yet-inventive antipasti. During the day, Gufo offers a counter service cafe with coffee, pastries, and sandwiches as well as brunch on the weekends. The beverage program features craft cocktails, a focused list of local beer as well as wine made from Italian grape varietals grown in Italy and the US.
Gufo offers a challenging and supportive environment. We are a scratch kitchen, priding ourselves on local, seasonal ingredients. Candidates should be hardworking and motivated with a desire to learn and grow. Experience in cooking pizzas and pastas is highly preferred, but not required.
The SOUS CHEF will support the Executive Chef in day-to-day operations of the kitchen.
Other requirements for this position include:
- A heightened sense of urgency, organization, and resilience under pressure.
- An ability to work with others and to be a leader.
- At least 5 years of cooking experience and 2 years of management experience is highly preferred.
- Basic computer skills and a basic understanding of ordering, scheduling, and managing costs.
- An understanding of proper and safe food handling and the ability to set an example in this field. Servsafe Certification is highly recommended.
The SOUS CHEF position is a full time salaried position which includes benefits including insurance, paid vacation, paid sick time, education stipend, and more. Compensation is based on experience.
To apply, email your resume and an introduction about yourself to the email address below.