Groundswell Cafe + Bakery in Tiverton, RI is looking to hire a full-time General Manager. Applicants must have experience managing daily operations (both FOH and BOH) and minimum 3+ years management experience. Partnering closely with ownership, the General Manager will be responsible for all operations.
Key responsibilities and essential job functions include:
- Manage daily operations including both FOH and BOH
- Create and manage staff schedules while monitoring budgeted labor costs
- Train new and current staff, manage continuing staff education and development
- Manage budgets and monitor sales goals
- Supervise staff daily to maintain smooth operations and a consistent customer experience
- Ensure all areas (both FOH and BOH) are clean and tidy at all times.
- Oversee FOH and BOH health code standard to confirm compliance with all guidelines
- Monitor supply inventory and coordinate orders
- Work with Chef and BOH team to maintain food and labor costs in line with budget
- Create a positive and welcoming environment for both staff and guests
This position requires:
- Proven management experience (3+ years) in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills (experience with POS systems required)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible availability
- ServSafe certification a plus
To apply, send your resume to the email address below.