The Groton Station House Restaurant is a 200 patron progressive fine dining restaurant in scenic Groton, Massachusetts, and they want you to be part of the team when they open their doors! Only 45 minutes from Boston, Groton is the quintessential New England town with timeless Norman Rockwell charm. Groton is home to two of the nation’s most prestigious boarding schools as well as a world premier concert hall slated to open in a year’s time. The restaurant features a craft cocktail lounge, gorgeous dining room, second floor function hall, private dining room and outdoor patio. The Groton Station House is the pride of the town…
They have just completed a meticulous renovation of a stately brick building dating from 1915 that rediscovers the elegance, nostalgia and excitement of the early twentieth century with dramatic feature lighting, warm mahogany millwork and classic turnbuckle construction. The craft cocktail lounge comfortably accommodates fifty patrons at the bar, high-tops, booths and banquettes that overlook the open kitchen. They will find mixologists who are masters of their craft with expertise in classic cocktails from the turn-of-the-century vintage of the building as well as creative cocktails inspired by the lore and drama of Groton. Shoulder-high landscaping on the outdoor brick patio offers the quiet romance of an evening under the stars, and the thirteen-foot ceilings of the second floor’s private dining room and function hall are uniquely special.
The first floor kitchen is a semi open concept designed to support a seasonal, chef based menu using state-of-the-art equipment. The second floor kitchen is adjacent to the function space and ideally assists with seated functions as well as hand passed hors d’oeuvres. Be assured that they have provided everything needed to bring your culinary creativity to full expression.
- Must be able to lead by example while taking pride in each and every task you do no matter how small or dirty it may be.
- Must be a mature, professional Leader who is be well disciplined, self-motivated, great communicator and listener.
- Are an excellent Teacher / Motivator who can inspire staff to want to produce nothing but best at all times.
- Must love a clean kitchen and be responsible for Monitoring and Enforcing All Sanitation Practices.
- Must be a “Proactive not Reactive Leader” that has a keen eye for the details.
- Must Handle Pressure and Volume with Grace and Finesse while Fostering an Enthusiastic and healthy work Environment.
- Must be Excellent at Multi Tasking and Time Management.
- Knows what working with a “SENSE OF URGENCY” means and has a strong sense of responsibility integrity.
- Must understands what it means to see the “The Big Picture” when it comes to the daily Mise en Place prep list and all ordering.
- Assist in inventory and labor management to achieve budgeted cost controls.
Their Sous Chef position is a hands-on, working position where you will learn to work every station in their kitchen in order to be an effective leader. They are looking for someone who has respect for the ingredients they work with and is open to learning new techniques to refine and enhance each dish. You must be able to demonstrate sound cooking and knife skills as well as know basic meat, seafood and poultry butchery. You must have basic computer knowledge and be able to compute basic kitchen Math; read, write and speak english clearly. You should also be comfortable enough with your skill set that you are open to critique for personal growth.
- Culinary Degree Preferred but not required
- Job candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in a scratch kitchen as a sous chef or more senior role in an upscale restaurant. Qualified candidates will be invited to do a daylong stage and cook a three-course meal for the chef.
- Based on experience, 2 weeks vacation, uniforms provided.
Please submit your professional resume, references and salary requirements.