Ambitious Restaurant Manager Wanted!
The Groton Station House Restaurant is a 200 patron progressive fine dining restaurant in scenic Groton, Massachusetts, and they want you to be part of the team when they open their doors! Only 45 minutes from Boston, Groton is the quintessential New England town with timeless Norman Rockwell charm. Groton is home to two of the nation’s most prestigious boarding schools as well as a world premier concert hall slated to open in a year’s time. The restaurant features a craft cocktail lounge, semi-open kitchen, dining room, second floor function hall, private dining room and outdoor patio. Help us make the Groton Station House the pride of the town!
They have just completed a meticulous renovation of a stately brick building dating from 1915 that rediscovers the elegance, nostalgia and excitement of the early twentieth century with dramatic feature lighting, warm mahogany millwork and classic turnbuckle construction. The craft cocktail lounge comfortably accommodates fifty patrons at the bar, high-tops, booths and banquettes that overlook the open kitchen. They will find mixologists who are masters of their craft with expertise in classic cocktails from the turn-of-the-century vintage of the building as well as creative cocktails inspired by the lore and drama of Groton. Shoulder-high landscaping on the outdoor brick patio offers the quiet romance of an evening under the stars, and the thirteen-foot ceilings of the second floor’s private dining room and function hall offer a uniquely special experience.
Professional qualifications of a successful candidate:
- World class hospitality professionalism;
- Experience as a senior manager in an upscale dining restaurant with full service alcohol;
- Record of maintaining high standards in restaurant cleanliness, sanitation, food quality, and guest satisfaction;
- Comfort populating, maintaining, etc. a financial model;
- Diligence and organization working with outside vendors;
- Leadership skills that include coaching, directing and motivating a team;
- Desire to mentor and develop others on your team;
- Familiarity with point-of-sale systems including generating reports on gross sales, prime costs, etc.; and
- Involvement with restaurant openings including hiring and onboarding staff for front-of-the-house positions preferred.
- Personal qualities of a successful candidate:
- High energy level. They bring a powerful enthusiasm that uplifts all others around us, and this is an important part of the culture that they are building.
- Attention to detail. They pride themselves on providing incomparable work product and service, and they seek others who share that philosophy.
- Honesty and integrity. They are looking to build a collaborative, interdependent and trustworthy team of which every member conducts himself or herself with poise.
They are offering a great quality of life, industry leading compensation structure and more.
Please send your cover letter, resumé and references to the email address below.