Offering a base salary of $85k plus benefits, the Groton Station House is looking for an executive chef. This family-owned, upscale restaurant with a capacity of 200 guests is located in scenic Groton, Mass. just 45 minutes outside Boston! Their stainless steel kitchen includes a Rational oven, CVap ovens, French top, PacoJet and other top-end equipment for the professional chef. They meticulously renovated Groton’s old fire station to a magnificent turn-of-the-century restaurant replete with custom mahogany detail, twin Sub-Zero wine refrigerators, quarter-sawn white oak flooring, separately circuited lighting and numerous other details to ensure that the guest experience is second to none.
They have a strong core of dedicated guests as well as relationships with the town’s two boarding schools. In addition, a world class music school and performance center located less than a mile away will be opening in the coming year. This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious Executive Chef ready for the next career challenge!
Features of this stately brick building:
- Outdoor brick patio for 80 guests with fire pit, beautiful lighting and landscaping.
- Elegant Dining Room with dedicated wine refrigerators, turnbuckle construction and beautiful paintings.
- Craft Cocktail Lounge with seating for 50 guests at the bar, high-tops, lounge, and banquettes that overlook the state-of-the-art, semi-open kitchen.
- Beautifully secluded Private Dining rooms on the second floor with seating for up to 60 guests including its own separate, private function kitchen.
Professional qualifications of a successful candidate:
- Experience as an Executive Chef or Chef de Cuisine in a high volume/value service environment;
- Ability to hit expense targets for food and back-of-house labor;
- Organization skills for tracking inventory, performing receiving, working with food purveyors;
- Experience hiring and training a back-of-the-house team;
- Current Manager’s ServSafe, Allergen and Anti-Choke Certifications; and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Toast and HotSchedules very helpful.
Personal qualities of a successful candidate:
- High Energy Level. They bring a powerful enthusiasm that uplifts all others around them, and this is an important part of the culture.
- Attention to Detail. They pride themselves on providing incomparable work product and service, and they seek others who share that philosophy.
- Honesty and Integrity. They are looking to build a collaborative, interdependent and trustworthy team of which every member conducts himself or herself with poise.
They offer industry-leading compensation commensurate with experience including health insurance and other benefits.