Greystone Cafe, Bakery, and Provisions is hiring a Baker’s Assistant. Candidates should have at least 2-3 years of professional baking experience, in either a restaurant or bakery setting. The baker’s assistant will work with our Executive Pastry Chef Hannah Krowne, to execute our pastry program.
This is a great opportunity to learn the ins and outs of running a successful bakery in Boston. You will learn food costs, inventory, recipe development, R&D, and much much more!
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing for long periods of time, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. Must have the ability to carry trays short distances both up and down stairs. Occasional kneeling, bending and crouching is required.
- Minimum 2 years of baking and pastry experience
- Strong self-management skills with adaptability to learn
- Passion for baking and commitment to producing an exceptional product
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (i.e. Gluten-free, vegan)
- Punctuality, reliability, and flexibility are a must
- A sense of humor and a can-do attitude are most helpful
- Interest in expanding professional knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Availability to work different shifts, including weekends and early mornings (Two 4:30am shifts a week, the rest are 6:30am-2:30pm or 8am-4pm)
- Two consecutive days off
- Strong self-manager with keen attention to detail, organization, and cleanliness
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to be a team collaborator
- Experience in the preparation of a broad roster of products; croissants, cookies, pie dough, scones, lamination, to-go desserts, etc.
- Administration tasks as necessary
- Monitor bakeries inventory and place orders with vendors
- Adhere to food safety and sanitation standards
Greystone Cafe is located a block away from the Back Bay MBTA stop, on the corner of Appleton St & Dartmouth St.
To apply, send your resume to the email provided below.