Grand Tour, a new Parisian Bistro in Back Bay from the Select Oyster Bar team is set to open this fall and looking for an experienced Chef de Cuisine.
This new neighborhood spot will join it’s sister restaurant, Select Oyster Bar (Boston Magazine Best New Restaurant 2015, Food & Wine America’s Best Wine Bars, Boston Magazine Best Wine Program 2016, Boston Magazine Best Seafood Restaurant 2019, Improper Bostonian Boston’s Best Seafood 2016, etc.), which is located just around the corner.
Candidates for this position will work closely with the General Manager and Chef/Owner Michael Serpa to provide top quality hospitality, food, & beverage. As at Select Oyster Bar, we are aiming to put together a tight knit team of restaurants pros and the CDC will be the face of the kitchen at Grand Tour.
The Chef de Cuisine is a leading role and will run the day to day operations of the kitchen, including daily ordering, staffing, menu planning, specials, events, sanitation, staff meal, cost control, and more as we look to build our clientele and reputation in the neighborhood.
Candidates should be hard working, dedicated to providing great hospitality, and respectful. The CDC position will set the tone for the kitchen and we expect to operate a creative, relaxed, high quality, and high volume kitchen in an intimate space. The concept of Grand Tour is a take on the progressive independent bistros run by chefs in Paris. We look to blend some bistro classics along with creative vegetable focused dishes, and the CDC will work closely with our purveyors and local farms to showcase seasonal offerings.
This position will be for a Fall 2019 Opening.
- Kitchen Spanish is a plus, but not a requirement
- All Candidates must have 3-5 years of experience in a sous chef/chef de cuisine/executive chef role.
- Culinary School experience a plus, but not a requirement.
- ServSafe certification a plus, but not a requirement.
- 5 day set schedule and 2 consecutive days off.
- Paid vacation and health care.
- Competitive pay and future growth opportunities for the right candidates.
- All interested candidates should reply via email with a Resume in PDF format. No responses without a resume will be considered.