As a Restaurant Consultant / Business Solutions Specialist you will develop relationships and provide value-added services to select current and potential customers. Assist in the development of regional segment business plans and provide business segment expertise to the regional sales and marketing team.
What you’ll do:
- Provide relevant business solutions to complement the initiatives of our Sales and Marketing teams, with an ultimate goal of increasing the overall market share of Gordon Food Service.
- Interface and collaborate with key customers to achieve sales and margin goals.
- Execute key customer menu developmental plans for the region.
- Work collaboratively with Product Specialists to provide back of the house consulting to key current and prospective customers to include recipe development, portioning, and plate presentations.
- Work directly with key customers to provide Back of House consulting in areas such as kitchen layout, development of training programs, and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) training.
- Provide front of the house consulting to key and prospective customers to include wait staff training, silent shopper evaluations, and menu layout and design.
- Ensures consistent and relevant business solutions training for sales teams, in collaboration with other divisional marketing team members.
- Participate in planning, coordination, and execution of food shows, sales and marketing meetings, and industry events.
- Leverage Home Office content and insights to be used in the division and direct to customers, support adoption, and leverage of tools (ATR, Customer Success).
- Assist in the development of segment business plans. Analyze of trend data and incorporate the data to develop business solutions that strengthen the relationship between GFS and key regional customers.
- Assist in key customer business reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent customer service, mentoring, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to develop, refine, communicate, and implement plans and to set and define goals.
- Must maintain knowledge of industry trends and be able to provide training on the technical aspects of commercial or non-commercial segments.
- Must have industry and segment knowledge and be able to analyze and interpret data.
- Must have good time management, administration, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to build relationships, network, influence and link resources to plan and execute business practices.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and be able to work “exceptional” hours including evenings and weekends and be able to take on new responsibilities with a strong desire to succeed.
- Develops solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives
Our ideal candidate will have…
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field plus two years of previous food service operations experience -or- six years of previous food service operations experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience as a General Manager of a restaurant is preferred.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Willingness to travel over 50% visiting with customers and sales reps in northern New England (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and the greater Boston area). Less than 25% of this would require overnight stays.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO US!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to the email provided below and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
To apply, please use the online application link provided below.