Googans Galley is a café, breakfast/lunch takeaway establishment looking for a responsible, hardworking and energetic individual to join our team. We are seeking a food service leader who is prepared to execute a breakfast/lunch service menu with some prepared meals at a casual stop-off locale.
The ideal candidate for the Café Supervisor will work the core kitchen team and be experienced in casual dining and have knowledge of food and kitchen supervision. We are seeking a self-motivated individual with leadership skills and who will take pride in what they do. This individual must have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Ultimately, this role will assist in coordination of organizing, training, and executing leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation while recognizing and contributing to the mission of Googans.
The Café Supervisor is responsible for adhering to a high quality of food standards to ensure guest satisfaction. Awareness of inventories, food portions, food waste, and sanitation as well as food and dry good storage in accordance with the BOH requirements, are part of the responsibilities of the position as well as training and monitoring the team in all preparation and the cooking process of all menu items. Maintaining clean equipment and workspace is paramount. We are seeking people that are looking to create memorable experiences in a warm, refined, yet comfortable environment for locals and tourists alike.
Staff Hiring, Training & Employee Management
- Assist in training staff to execute customer orders, cleaning and sanitizing protocols and other food prep requirements
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared to the appropriate standards
Inventory Purchasing & Management
- Assist in sourcing and identifying product with vendors which may include retail gourmet foods and other pantry offerings
- Collaborate with management team to develop new food menu items, daily/weekly specials and presentation of food items
- Maintain appearance, upkeep, and cleanliness of all food and beverage facilities and equipment
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner
- Assist staff in fulfilling customer orders in a timely manner
- Disseminate any feedback received (both positive and negative) from guest to the ownership to continually improve upon customer service
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services, such as waste removal and pest control.
- Monitor purchasing and receiving procedures for products and supplies to ensure proper quantity, quality, and price for all purchases
- Previous relevant food service experience required, management experience a plus
- A degree from a culinary arts training program or equivalent life experience preferably in a restaurant or similar quick service/café establishment
- This position requires scheduling flexibility to include working 3-5 days per week 10-6pm, including some weekend shifts
- Passionate about fresh food and great service
- Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task and be responsive to the needs of our guests, staff and ownership
- Servsafe a plus
Job Type: Full time (or part time based on availability), year-round
- Hourly compensation, plus bonus as determined annually
- Employee discounts and comped meals
- No late nights! Great for those seeking day shifts