Goldilox Bagels is looking for a full-time prep/line cook and sandwich maker! If creating delicious sandwiches on fresh bagels in a fun, fast-paced food environment sounds like your cup of tea, please read on –
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Food prep: slicing vegetables, cheeses, and meats, preparing cream cheeses, etc.
- Sandwich prep: readying toppings and your station, slicing and toasting bagels, egg cookery, following recipes
- Preparing and packing up bagels, sandwiches, and cream cheese for individual and catering orders
- Communicating inventory/stocking needs
- Helping train colleagues on processes and recipes
- Insuring customer orders are properly and quickly fulfilled
- Assisting if needed with baking and additional food/drink prep
- Cleaning up throughout your shift, as well as maintenance/deep-cleaning projects
The ideal candidate:
- Loves food and has a good familiarity with basic prep/cooking processes and ingredients
- Has sweet knife skills [there will be lots of careful but fast slicing!]
- Interacts well with others, both colleagues and customers [everyone, really ]
- Maintains a clean, organized workspace and is familiar with allergy procedures
- Is punctual and reliable for their shifts
- Has good attention to detail/quality for both our products and our customers’ experiences
- Follows health, food handling, and safety guidelines
- Is adaptable and patient
- Can lift 50 lbs and work an active shift up to 8 hours
- Has the strong sense of urgency/priority needed for a fast-paced environment
- Has a willingness to learn additional skills and potentially cross-train with other roles
- Some food service experience is preferred; Serv Safe certification a plus
- Actual shift times TBD, we will be open Wed-Thu-Fri 7am-2pm, Sat-Sun 8am-3pm
- Some shift hours may be outside of open times, flexibility is a big bonus
- Full Time work is 40 hours per week
- This is not a seasonal/temporary role – they want you to become an integral part of our team!
- Goldilox is located at 186 Winthrop Street in Medford
- Very close to 93 and Route 16.
- Less than a mile from Medford Square and Tufts, 1.5 miles to Davis Square
- Less than a 15 min walk from several bus routes.
Employee benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Complimentary shift meal
- Paid week off per calendar year for Full Time employees
- Opportunity to learn all you want to know about the bagel business – they want you to grow with them!