Giulia, now in its 10th year, is an Italian restaurant providing an exceptional blend of spirited cooking and gracious hospitality to our neighbors and friends in Cambridge, Boston and beyond. Our focus is on wonderful food and great service with true Italian vigor and charm. Giulia is hiring a General Manager to lead our front of house team.
This is an incredible opportunity for a talented, motivated individual to have a meaningful impact at one of the Boston’s area most established and recognized Italian restaurants. As GM, you’ll lead our exceptional front of house team, work directly with the owners and kitchen managers, oversee our wine and beverage program, and be the face of Giulia to our guests. Giulia is open six nights a week for dinner service and is at or near full capacity every night.
What you’ll do:
- Manage an established, dedicated, motivated FOH team
- Provide exceptional customer service to guests dining at Giulia
- Lead a weekly meeting with the owners and management team
- Create educational opportunities for FOH team to grow and develop their skills
- Order beverages and smallwares and manage inventory
- Be a thought partner to our kitchen managers
- Make business-oriented decisions to ensure the continued financial health of Giulia
- Prior experience as a restaurant manager
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hospitality-driven and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in all FOH areas: serving, hosting, running, bartending
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Applicants should have several years of experience in upscale dining and possess a strong desire, determination and drive for excellence. Experience in managing a beverage program is preferred. Knowledge of, or a willingness to learn about Italian wines is preferred. Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the email address linked below.
Giulia offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical and dental coverage, paid time off, paid family and medical leave, free onsite parking, a dining allowance, and restaurant performance bonuses.