Giulia, now in its 10th year, is an Italian restaurant providing an exceptional blend of spirited cooking and gracious hospitality to our neighbors and friends in Cambridge, Boston and beyond. Our focus is on wonderful food and great service with true Italian vigor and charm. Giulia is looking for an Assistant General Manager (AGM) to support restaurant operations and manage our private events.
This is an opportunity for a talented, motivated individual to have a meaningful impact at one of the Boston’s area most established and recognized Italian restaurants. As Giulia’s AGM, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your leadership skills, oversee our private events program, work directly with the owners and kitchen managers, and serve as an important resource to our guests.
What you’ll do:
- Provide exceptional customer service to guests dining at Giulia
- Support the General Manager (GM) with various administrative duties
- Manage Giulia’s private event bookings (pasta tables) and coordinate with FOH and BOH to deliver a memorable experience for guests
- Participate in a weekly meeting with the owners and management team
- Create educational opportunities for FOH team to grow and develop their skills
- Make business-oriented decisions in conjunction with the GM to ensure the continued financial health of Giulia
- Prior experience as a restaurant manager or lead server preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hospitality-driven and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in all FOH areas: serving, hosting, running, bussing, bartending
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment; Giulia is at full capacity every night.
Applicants should have several years of experience in upscale dining and possess a strong desire, determination and drive for excellence. Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the email address linked below.
Giulia offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical and dental coverage, paid time off, paid family and medical leave, free onsite parking, a dining allowance, and a bonus based on event booking fees.