At Genuine Foods, we are a quality-focused foodservice company creating scratch-made, wholesome, culturally relevant meals made with fresh, seasonal ingredients. We are a growing social enterprise that uses food to enhance wellbeing, productivity and happiness. We believe that fresh, scratch-made food together with unparalleled service and meaningful enrichment programs can transform lives and build community. Food service management is what we do, but what we achieve together with our customers, partners and dedicated team goes beyond the plate.
Genuine Foods is seeking a Chef to lead our latest account in Westchester County. This 7-day operation is seeking a strong culinarian who can manage of team of Cooks, Food Service Workers, and support staff so they can deliver a fresh, high-quality, culturally-relevant foodservice program to this area.
As a Chef for Genuine Foods, you will ensure that students and families enjoy the scratch made and delicious meals they deserve! We are a progressive, rapidly growing food service company that serves schools and other intuitions across the country.
The Chef collaborates with the Site Manager and reports to the Regional Director. Main responsibilities include planning exciting and engaging meals and menus, leading a team of cooks and food service workers, and contributing to the exceptional daily prep and service of each meal. This includes overseeing on-site client visits and events, account management, and ensuring that all menu items that are produced are of high quality and delight the students relying on our services for their meals.
School food service is high-volume, the ideal candidate must have the ability to produce hundreds of meals a day. Previous high-volume production, catering, hotel, restaurant or relevant experience is highly desired, along with organizational, superior attention to detail, time-people-fiscal management skills, and is very comfortable working with numbers.
To apply, you must submit your RESUME and a COVER LETTER and your salary requirement. In the cover letter please briefly tell us why you’re interested in the position and include your relevant experience.
- Generate seasonal and exciting menus with the culinary team for our clients while being mindful of client preferences, tastes and nutrition.
- Collaborate with the Regional Director to ensure menus meet labor, food cost and efficiency standards.
- Collaborate with the Regional Director to ensure menus meet transportation requirements, if applicable.
- Menu development and costing, ordering and inventory management.
- Ensure supplies, ingredients and raw materials availability to produce meals, while minimizing waste, is required.
- Maintain inventory records and invoicing.
- Complies for food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Manage and coach the team overseeing all aspects of daily food preparation & serving including culinary and operational excellence, staff/skills training, daily troubleshooting, recipe adherence, and site cleanliness and organization.
- Continuously improve and propel forward culinary aspects of operations from sourcing and receiving, to menu/recipe development and feedback.
- Oversee weekly P&L and communicate performance to internal and external teams.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Meal participation rates, client meal feedback and scores and kitchen team retention and turnover.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES
- Previous high-volume production, catering, hotel, restaurant, or relevant experience is highly desired.
- Comfortable with change, feedback, and the ability to be passionate when cooking from recipes that you didn’t make.
- Experience managing in a union environment.
- Passion for seasonal ingredients and local sourcing.
- Experience in leading teams with varying culinary skill levels and interest.
- Commitment to continuous learning and on-going training.
- Demonstrated organizational and superior attention to detail skills.
- Superior ability to manage labor and food costs.
- Enjoys working with people and growing and developing a culinary team.
- Very comfortable working with numbers and technology.
- Health and retirement benefits
- Paid time off
- Performance-based bonuses
- Getting in on the ground of a growing company
Genuine Foods is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Genuine Foods is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job Type: Full-time
COVID-19 considerations: All surfaces are sanitized regularly.
Apply online via the link provided below.