Gardner Museum Catering, the exclusive food and beverage provider of the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is now seeking applicants for a full time Event Sales Manager. Gardner Catering provides food, beverage, staff and design services of the highest quality for the Museum and Boston’s most discerning clientele.
Gardner Museum Catering offers a beautiful and respectful work environment, flexible work hours and location and competitive pay and benefits, including matching IRA plan.
Schedule: Full-time, on-site and work from home.
Salary Range: $45K-$50K annually
Specific Goals and Key Responsibilities
- Manage all event planning and execution details including corporate rentals, private events and Museum sponsored events including the annual fundraising Gala dinner.
- Book rental equipment, staff for events and track and manage changes throughout planning process
- Execute and track client contracting, deposits, invoices and final payments for all events
- Work with Head Chef to develop seasonal, cost efficient and appropriate catering menus
- Work with Chef and Ownership to track and manage costs and pricing of food, beverage, labor and rental equipment
- Develop sources of new equipment, packaging, other event related items to satisfy client requests and event trends
- Work with catering clients and rental companies to develop event specific design as needed
- Execute internal BEO with accurate, up to date event details and distribute to Museum stakeholders
- 2+ years of food and beverage sales experience, BS/BA or Associates degree preferred.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks in a fastpaced environment
- Strong knowledge of all commonly used office computer systems
- Exceptional written word skills
- Precise attention to detail and ability to handle confidential materials with discretion
- Top level customer service skills and a good sense of sense of humor
- Knowledge of current and historic trends in events, event production, food, wine, service and design
- Weekend and evening hours availability required
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Customer service orientation
- Thoroughness and a sense of urgency
- Ability to adjust and adapt communication styles to be effective in a diverse workplace
Please email cover letter and resume to the address provided below. Background and employment eligibility check required.