Fresh Food Generation is a Farm-To-Plate Caribbean American restaurant and catering business. Our causal counter service restaurant in Dorchester is new; however, our award-winning Jamaican jerk chicken, empanadas and kale salad dishes are not. Behind this small neighborhood restaurant is our catering production facility and talented team. We deliver food across the entire Greater Boston area and specialize in corporate and community events. We are searching for a talented chef with demonstrated kitchen leadership to join our small but awesome team.
The ideal candidate has a passion for farm to plate food, loves to cook from scratch and has experience with large batch-cooking.
- You will be responsible for leading a diverse culinary team of 15 -20 people with support from our sous chefs and kitchen manager.
- You will ensure food is efficiently prepared and packaged for the restaurant and catering.
- You will be responsible for maintaining a culture of high culinary standards and recipe execution.
Food Preparation and Recipe Development
- Create weekly production plans and daily prep lists for the team.
- Lead large batch production of our menu offerings.
- Develop menu specials for restaurant events.
- Uphold food safety standards and kitchen cleanliness.
- Hold the entire team accountable for managing food costs and food quality.
- Provide hands-on training and mentoring for new culinary team members.
- Assure team members perform their responsibilities in compliance with company protocols and operational procedures.
- Provide constructive feedback to team members and help create a motivating and engaging work environment.
Food Ordering and Inventory
- Lead sous chefs in weekly inventory management and food waste control.
- Place daily food orders online.
- Delegate and Oversee kitchen closing and opening procedures.
- A minimum of 3 years’ proven experience in a similar role
- In-depth knowledge of food production and experience with recipe development.
- ServSafe Certified.
- Experience training and managing diverse teams.
- Basic Computer Skills – Online Ordering and Email Communication
Days, Evenings and Some Weekends.
We believe in work life balance. Our chefs work an average of 40 to 50 hours per week.
Start Date: ASAP
- 401k plan available
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- Performance based bonuses
Fresh Food Generation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.