Fox & the Knife, James Beard award winner Karen Akunowicz’s South Boston Enoteca is searching for a General Manager to join their family- owned and female-operated restaurant. Akunowicz’ vibrant Enoteca was named Best New Restaurant in America by Food + Wine Magazine, as well as Eater National. Fox & the Knife offers traditional Italian food with a modern sensibility, focusing on their handmade pastas, bright antipasti and their Aperitivi and Amaro programs.
They are seeking an enthusiastic leader who is passionate about food, wine and hospitality to join an award winning team. This is a rare opportunity for a proven and experienced General Manager to join them in overseeing the day to day operations of the restaurant. The right candidate for these management positions are industry professionals with at least 2 years of experience in upscale or fine dining restaurants. The General Manager will work directly with Chef Akunowicz and Director of Operations Kristie Weiss.
Other requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- Systems oriented and high level of organization
- A passion for ample training, educating and developing staff, and the ability to motivate their team.
- Thorough and personalized experiences for every guest.
- High commitment to kindness, quality and guest experience are of utmost importance.
- Awesome written and verbal communication skills
- Hold employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary.
- Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies.
- Attention to detail and has a sense of urgency
- Excellent and extensive wine knowledge
- Knowledge of spirits, Amaro knowledge is a huge plus.
- Preferred knowledge of Toast, Resy, Indesign, Google Sheets and Excel
- Driving superior financial results without compromise to quality standards
- Website maintenance
- Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of all physical spaces at all times. Making sure all Department of Health compliances are followed.
- Knowledge in event planning to properly and efficiently execute all Private Dining, Buyout and Offsite events.
Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, built in education, educational stipend and opportunity for growth within the company.
Free yoga classes
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Apply via the email address provided below.