Fox & the Knife, James Beard award winner Karen Akunowicz’s South Boston Enoteca is searching for an Assistant General Manager to join their family owned and female operated restaurant. Chef Karen’s vibrant Enoteca was named Best New Restaurant in America by Food + Wine Magazine, as well as Eater National. Fox & the Knife offers traditional Italian food with a modern sensibility, focusing on their handmade pastas, bright antipasti and their Aperitivi and Amaro programs.
The right candidate for this position is an industry professional with at least 2 years of management experience and at least 5 years in upscale casual or fine dining restaurants. The AGM works under the supervision of the General Manager and Chef Karen Akunowicz.
They are searching for an enthusiastic, systems oriented, hospitality pro who wants to host their own party every night for their guests. High commitment to kindness, quality and guest experience are of utmost importance.
Other requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- A passion for training and developing staff, and the ability to motivate their team.
- Thorough and personalized experiences for every guest.
- Awesome written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of wine and spirits, Amaro knowledge is a huge plus
- High level of organization
- Preferred knowledge of Quickbooks, Indesign, Google Sheets and Excel
- Social media and website maintenance
- Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, built in education, weekly yoga classes, educational stipend and opportunity for growth within the company.
Candidate will work closely with the General Manager and Chef Karen to ensure the business is constantly evolving to meet the needs of their team and guests.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to the email address below for consideration.