Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts can offer what many hospitality professionals dream of: an opportunity to build a lifelong career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done. They have been ranked FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work for, every year since 1998. For more information on Four Seasons Hotel and Resorts, please click here.
Four Seasons Hotel One Dalton Street, Boston is currently looking for a Cook 2!
Basic Purpose: Prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner, food items per guest order in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
Essential function of the job:
- Ability to work, weekend, nights and holidays.
- Prepare food items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; complete mis en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
Who They Look For:
They look for employees who share the Golden Rule; people who, by nature, believe in treating others as they would like to be treated. They look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Education: High School education, cooking school or culinary institute education preferred.
- Experience: Minimum two years culinary or related work experience. Culinary knowledge is expected for this position.
- Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle iron, flat top grill.
- Proficient knife skills and ability to multi-task.
Visa sponsorship is not available. Must already be legally permitted to work in the United States. Applicants without valid work authorization for the United States will not be considered.
Some Benefits Four Season Employees enjoy:
- Ability to experience the hotels as a guest through the complimentary room program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Matching Plan
- Highly competitive salaries and incentives
- Educational assistance programs, as well as in-house training workshop for all employees.
- Complimentary Life insurance
- Vacation & Paid Sick Time Off
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- And much more!
To apply please visit the link below. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access the online system, please contact the Human Resources Office at 857-449-2017.