$1,000 Bonus Available! Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts can offer what many hospitality professionals dream of: an opportunity to build a lifelong career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done. They have been ranked FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work for, every year since 1998. For more information on Four Seasons Hotel and Resorts, please click here.
• Four Seasons Hotel One Dalton Street, Boston is currently looking for a Chef de Partie – *$500 signing bonus when you start & $500 when you complete 90-days!!*
Essential function of the job:
- Ability to work, weekend, nights and holidays.
- Participates in the preparation of food items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; complete mis en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service. Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs.
- Train, motivate, recommend discipline, and supervise the work of kitchen employees ensuring that all cultural and core standards are met.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies. (10%)
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact. (10%)
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
Who They Look For:
They look for employees who share the Golden Rule; people who, by nature, believe in treating others as they would like to be treated. They look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- High school education, cooking school or culinary institute education or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years culinary or related work experience. Advanced culinary knowledge is expected for this position. Previous supervisory experience is preferred. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job.
- Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, flat top grill. Proficient knife skills and ability to multi-task.
Visa sponsorship is not available. Must already be legally permitted to work in the United States. Applicants without valid work authorization for the United States will not be considered.
Some Benefits Four Season Employees enjoy:
- Ability to experience their hotels as a guest through the complimentary room program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Matching Plan
- Highly competitive salaries and incentives
- Educational assistance programs, as well as in-house training workshop for all employees.
- Complimentary Life insurance
- Vacation & Paid Sick Time Off
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- And much more!
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access an online system, please contact their Human Resources Office at 617 530 1754.