Formaggio Kitchen South End is in search of an efficient, responsible, organized, and friendly opening and closing manager with great customer service skills and a love and appreciation for cheeses, wines, and other specialty foods. This busy retail shop is located in the heart of Boston’s Historic South End neighborhood since 1999. They are the sister store of Formaggio Kitchen, a Cambridge institution since 1978.
This is a salaried position that requires flexibility of scheduling, including one weekend day every week. Pay is based on previous experience. Benefits include: generous staff discount, health and dental insurance (we pay half), 401K, and paid vacation after one year.
- Quickly learning and getting acquainted with our large selection of products, with a focus on our over 150 cheeses.
- Maintaining stock and appearance of our shop.
- Learning the inner workings of our POS system and cash registers.
- Supervising and delegating staff on duty to complete tasks efficiently while constantly offering friendly and helpful customer service. Helping to maintain an overall positive team environment.
- Being prepared to handle emergencies in a calm and professional manner.
The position also offers the potential to become our buyer for American Cheeses and for other products as well according to interest.
Email your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would like to work here to our General Manager Julie Cappellano at the email address below.