Formaggio Kitchen South End, Boston’s best cheese store, is looking for friendly and enthusiastic full and part time Cheesemongers.
As a member their team you will be asked to:
- Learn their selection of cheeses, meats and dry goods as well as basic cheesemaking techniques, pasteurization laws, and how to store cheeses.
- Help customers choose the best cheeses for their needs by asking them questions, offering samples, and describing their cheeses.
- Accurately cut cheeses and meats to order.
- Care for and neatly wrap their cheeses.
- Package and label products for their reach-in cases.
- Take phone orders including wholesale orders, cheese orders and gift basket orders.
- Work the cash register.
- Help stock products on the floor of the store.
- Help customers with questions about their dry goods on the floor.
- Learn their beer and wine selections, as well as basic knowledge of the styles and production of both.
- Strive to keep the store clean, sanitary and organized.
They offer competitive hourly pay based on experience, benefits, 401k, meals, and a staff discount as well as opportunity for advancement to a managerial position.
Applicants must be friendly, enthusiastic about learning and helping customers, and hard working. All counter staff is required to work Saturday or Sunday every week and the majority of shifts available are evening shifts.
Email them with your resume and a cover letter letting them know why you want to work with the team.