Formaggio Kitchen South End, Boston’s best cheese store, is looking for a friendly and enthusiastic part time or full time Cheesemonger.
As a member of the cheesemonger team you will be asked to:
- Learn their selection of cheeses, meats and dry goods as well as basic cheesemaking techniques, pasteurization laws, and how to store cheeses.
- Help customers choose the best cheeses for their needs by asking them questions, offering samples, and describing the cheeses.
- Accurately cut cheeses and meats to order.
- Care for and neatly wrap cheeses.
- Package and label products for the reach-in cases.
- Take phone orders including wholesale orders, cheese orders and gift basket orders.
- Be able to work the cash register whenever needed.
- Help stock products on the floor of the store.
- Help customers with questions about dry goods on the floor.
- Learn the beer and wine selections, as well as basic knowledge of the styles and production of both.
- Strive to keep the store clean, sanitary and organized.
They offer competitive hourly pay based on experience, benefits, 401k, meals, and a staff discount.
Applicants must be friendly, enthusiastic about learning and helping customers, and hard working. All counter staff are required to work Saturday or Sunday every week.