Love cooking but tired of working nights? Formaggio Kitchen South End on Shawmut Ave in Boston is looking for a full time cook for a daytime position 7am-3pm Tuesday through Saturday.
They are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about food and quality ingredients
- Enthusiastic, open to instruction, willing to learn, and able to work quickly and efficiently with cooks in a small, three-person kitchen.
- Able to help customers choose and order from their catering menu.
- Able to coordinate prep and delivery of catering orders.
- Available through November, December (They are closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day)
- Preparing sandwiches, salads, side dishes and dinner items for take-out
- Assembling catering platters
- Taking catering orders on the phone in a friendly and efficient manner
- Making prepared foods for their reach-in case and their freezer case
- Basic baking (cupcakes, brownies, bars, pies at holiday time)
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Health and dental insurance (they play half)
- 401K plan
- Store discount
- Potential for advancement to salaried Catering Manager position
Their store is best known for its fine cheese selection but they also stock a wide range of other delicious foodstuffs, including: charcuterie, prepared foods, coffee, tea, bread, sweets, honey, preserves, wine, beer, olive oil, and vinegars. Their kitchen focuses on utilizing seasonal produce and naturally raised meats from local farms, as well as featuring European specialties, pulling from items in the shop.
Apply with a current resume and a cover letter telling them why you want to be a part of the team to the email address provided below.