Formaggio Kitchen is looking for a Catering Manager. This position will manage the catering team, which produces beautifully arranged and tasty platters full of the products they sell in the shop, as well as oversee the prepared foods team.
The Formaggio kitchen produces a variety of hot and cold prepared foods every day, from their daily sandwich board to cold case salads, soups, and popular take-home dinner options. The chef in this position will not only execute the classic recipes on which they’ve built their reputation but also have the creative liberty to oversee an array of prepared foods, using the high-quality ingredients sold in the shop. They are looking for someone with both culinary and leadership skills.
Daily tasks will include all aspects of catering operations including production, ingredient and supply stock management, customer service, and order processing. This position will help run the kitchen in line with health, safety, and food hygiene regulations; plan and develop menus to increase sales; plan and execute holiday menus; maintain retail product inventory; and cater for special diets and nutritional needs.
The most important requirements for success in this role are:
- Demonstrated culinary skills with a minimum of 2 years experience in the field
- Able to effectively manage a team and coordinate with front of house
- Excellent customer service
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to think on their feet
- Great sense of urgency and organization
- Capacity to work with a variety of personalities and strengthen the sense of camaraderie and teamwork
- ServSafe certification is a plus.
- Availability for shifts 7am – 4pm.
This position is : salaried, varies DOE, $40,000.00 – $50,000.00
To apply, send your resume to the address below.