Formaggio is looking for a full-time, experienced cheesemonger with supervisory experience to work closely with existing staff to help provide delicious cheese and exceptional service to customers.
As a cheesemonger, you not only have access to 200-300 different types of cheeses (many of them exclusive to Formaggio in the US), you also have access to hundreds of other specialty products that have been hand selected by their lead buyers from across the globe. With over 40 years of experience in the industry, Formaggio Kitchen has developed close relationships with producers domestically and abroad which allows their cheesemongers unmatched access to their expertise. As a company they encourage staff to take ownership of ideas and initiatives, and they are committed to providing support and resources to allow staff to achieve their goals. This has included farm visits, international buying trips, access to in-depth product training with producers, development of new programs and marketing initiatives within the store (to name a few).
A full-time Cheesemonger work schedule requires flexibility to work evenings and weekends. Formaggio Kitchen offers a unique work environment with great staff, fantastic customers and an opportunity for challenge and learning every day. Formaggio’s close relationships with their producers provides once in a lifetime opportunities to learn from master artisans. Benefits for eligible employees include a staff discount, health insurance contribution, 401K, sick time, and paid vacation.
Skills and Experience
- At least one year in a supervisory or managerial capacity in a specialty food retail or wholesale environment
- Two years of cheesemonger experience preferred
- History of providing excellent customer service
- Exceptional work ethic
- Equally exceptional skills in working with people of various backgrounds
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
Additional qualities they are looking for:
- Natural problem solver
- Highly organized
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to anticipate and resolve issues/problems on a proactive basis
- Task managing and prioritization in a fast paced environment
- Excellent collaborative skills to work in partnership with department leads, store management and customers
- Experience with retail POS systems / computers
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and on-time commitment
They are looking not simply for a qualified person, but someone with the aptitude and energy to contribute to the company going forward. This position has a great deal of growth potential including purchasing, travel and staff development.
Competitive salary and benefits based on experience.
This position is: salaried <$50,000, DOE
To apply, send your resume to the email address provided below.