Flying Embers is seeking a Taproom Assistant General Manager who is a hardworking and a highly motivated individual to assist in day-to-day operations within the Taproom & Brewery. The ideal candidate will have minimum 3 years of hospitality experience in a leadership role, knowledge of brewery and bar operations, and a willingness and desire to grow business & community presence.
- Oversee and assist in weekly operations of counting, receiving, and distributing inventory
- Oversee daily logistics of scheduling of staff and all front of house operations; stepping in as a brew tender/support person as needed
- Assist in overseeing accuracy of payroll for accounting purposes
- Oversee a pleasant environment for all guests – attention to detail of temperature, music, cleanliness, and conduct of both staff and guests
- Maintain taproom inventory – bar supplies, glassware, cans, merch, paperware, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Oversee quality of product served – including taste & presentation
- Provide end of night and weekly close-out numbers to the General Manager for oversight
- Coordinate – with the General Manager – a schedule of events, creative weekly programming, tastings, and special events
- Implement efficiencies for front of house operations, including but not limited to ensuring that the brew tenders have everything they need to successfully fulfill tasks, keeping the taproom environment safe, maintain cleanliness standards, and address immediate issues that disrupt service
- Ensure that the Taproom is functioning within a legal and ethical standard of operations, and that all staff uphold these legalities
- Ability to review and resolve any customer issues, and represent the company by demonstrating best judgment and creative resolution skills as applicable
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized space, and ensure inventory is stored properly and securely
- Assist in providing leadership and guidance to front of house staff team members and report issues to General Manager when needed
- Provide assistance to other departments if and when there is time and capacity to do so – includes Brew, Sales, & Marketing Teams
- Actively engage on the Taproom Social Media platforms
- Ability to creatively engage the staff and environment in Social Media and Marketing Strategies
- Responsible for cash handling and reporting
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Excel, Word, Google Sheets and Google Docs
- Strong verbal/written communication and computer skills, detail oriented
- Strong judgment, professional maturity, and responsible decision making
- Team player with a strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Positive attitude and ability to work with a diverse set of people
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Salaried
Pay Type: DOE – Competitive, Based on Experience
Supervisor: General Manager Taproom Development
Location: East Roxbury/Boston, MA
Tools & Equipment Used: Computer
Physical & Mental Requirements
Required to routinely and repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. Regularly exposed to damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery. Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position.
Flying Embers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs
To apply, send your resume to the email address provided below.