Flying Embers is seeking a Bar Supervisor/Bartender who is a hardworking and a highly motivated individual to assist the Assistant General Manager with daily operations within the Taproom & Brewery. The ideal candidate will have minimum 3 years of hospitality experience, knowledge of brewery and bar operations, and a willingness and desire to grow business & community presence.
- 60-75% of scheduled core responsibilities will be as bartender, 40-25% of scheduled responsibilities will be in the role of Bar Supervisor
- Assists in weekly and monthly inventory counting
- Assists AGM in inventory ordering for all dry and wet goods – detailed attention to shortages before running out of goods, alerting AGM
- Demonstrates leadership qualities amongst the front of the house team members at all times
- Demonstrates ethical standards of being accountable for being a key holder – ability to open or close the space safely and accurately
- Assists the AGM in ongoing menu development and creative specials
- Oversees quality of product served – including taste & presentation
- Ensures proper floor coverage, stepping in as a brew tender/support person as needed
- Assists in creating a pleasant environment for all guests – attention to detail of temperature, music, cleanliness, and conduct of both staff and guests
- Ensure that the Taproom is functioning within a legal and ethical standard of operations, and that all staff uphold these legalities
- Ability to review and resolve any customer issues, and represent the company by demonstrating best judgment and creative resolution skills as applicable
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized space, and ensure inventory is stored properly and securely
- Comfortable creating social media assets for the taproom
- Responsible for cash handling
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 3 years working in the bar/nightlife/brewery/hospitality industry
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, detail oriented
- Strong judgment, professional maturity, and responsible decision making
- Team player with a strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Positive attitude and ability to work with a diverse set of people
- Customer-service oriented
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Hourly
Pay Type: Hourly $13/$18 per hour plus tips
Supervisor: Taproom Assistant General Manager
Location: Boston, MA
Tools & Equipment Used: POS (Toast), Bar Tools
Physical & Mental Requirements
Required to routinely and repeatedly lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. Regularly exposed to damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery. Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position.
They are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.