Do you like to eat award winning baked goods and sandwiches, salads and dinners?
Do you like working on a great team in a wonderful environment?
Are you ready for an opportunity to work in a dynamic kitchen but without the late nights?
Do you want to fulfill your desire to create interesting, compelling, exciting menus for thousands of people a day to enjoy?
If so, here’s a great opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is looking for exceptional culinary minded Menu Development Chef.
The Menu Development Chef is responsible for the recipe development and testing of all Flour’s savory menus – including the daily menu, limited time offerings, and holiday menus, with conceptual input and help from Flour’s executive management team. Vital in maintaining Flour’s mission of serving amazing food and reporting directly to the Executive Chef, this position also involves assistance with training, marketing, and overall management of the savory team.
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- Developing and test new menu ideas to align with approaching seasons, current food trends, holidays, and local availability of products. Manage the ordering, inventorying, and cross utilization of testing mise en place.
- Spending time during rollouts in bakery locations assisting in training and noting feedback as menus go live.
- Train savory production on new LTO menu items and work closely with this team on updating daily specials like pizza and soup.
- Working closely with Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chefs on building training materials and provide needed info in a timely manner.
- Working closely with their Marketing Director to create marketing materials in a timely manner properly promoting upcoming menu offerings.
- Prepping for photo and video shoots
- Execute tastings on a regular basis and as scheduled by Executive Chef.
- Update daily soup and pizza options every 2 months and train production team on execution.
- Train staff at bakery level on new menu items at rollout time.
- Work with the Executive Chef to train your judgment to align with Flour’s Mom Test. Implement this daily.
- Support the BK prep, steward/dish, and Savory Production Chef in their work; correct issues, help make smooth transitions with changes, jump in to help manage workload, maintain a calm and composed demeanor regardless.
- Provide assistance to Chefs/Sous Chefs at assigned bakeries or wherever needed.
Skills for Qualification:
- Minimum three years of chef management experience
- Eager to learn, energetic can-do attitude
- Performance that consistently demonstrates an active passion for food, Flour, and their missions
- Open to feedback and committed to continuous improvement
- Comfortable and confident speaking and leading a small group discussion
- Ability to listen, understand, and fully connect with staff members
- Experience coaching, training, and developing others
- Computer knowledge, comfort with email and Google Drive
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training to make you a better team member (plus all the pastries you can eat)! They offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, and a great staff meal policy. They offer a real commitment to growth – both in your skill/knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!