Do you like to eat and make award winning baked goods and sandwiches?
Do you want to lead a great team in a wonderful environment?
If so, here’s a great opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is looking for an exceptional full-time Production Pastry Baker at their production kitchen in Boston’s Seaport!
Their production kitchen makes everything they have here at Flour from midnight chocolate cakes, and pumpkin pies to blueberry muffin batter and spiced candied pecans – plus all of their delicious bread! It is a fast-paced, high-volume setting with high standards for creating delicious pastries and maintaining sanitation and allergen protocols.
Their production pastry bakers need to be able to work on their feet for 8 hour shifts, lift 50 pound bags of flour, and be able to work with hot ovens and walk-in freezers.
Day-to-Day Performance Expectations:
- Answer and follow through on questions of baking team
- Answer the telephone and field questions from location bakeries
- Maintain and replenish ingredient inventory
- Update and manage product inventory
- Ensure the highest level of quality from all team members
- Engage bakers in trouble-shooting product in order to cultivate a greater comfort with baking and processes
- Adjust prep list in order to prioritize or manage team’s time more efficiently
- Provide constructive, supportive feedback for the staff
- Follow through with baking team to ensure productive time management on all tasks
- Help maintain an orderly and clean kitchen
- Available to cover pastry production shifts as needed
- Support training for new hires
- Other duties as assigned
Skills for Qualification:
- Demonstrate an active passion for Flour and their mission
- Eager to learn
- Open to feedback and committed to continuous improvement
- Open availability depending on needs of the team
- Attention to detail
- Excellent attendance, reliability, communication and interpersonal skills
- Readily adaptable to change
- Actively problem solves using sound judgment
- Effective time management and delegation skills
- Keeps a calm and composed demeanor all the time
- Preferred 6 months of baking leadership experience and/or related experience and training
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training and communication to make you a better baker (plus all the pastries you can eat)! They offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, a transportation subsidy in early mornings if you don’t own a car, paid vacation/sick time, a great staff meal policy, and regular field trips to other bakeries and pastry businesses. They offer a real commitment to growth – both in your pastry knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!