Do you love working in a bustling kitchen with a great team environment?
Are you fanatic about baking and making perfect pastries?
If so, Flour Bakery + Cafe is looking for a full time Pastry Finisher/Cake Decorator! This is a full-time position with potential to grow with Flour Bakery. Bakers have the opportunity to cross-train into new positions as well as the opportunity to move into management roles.
Their finishing and decorating bakers generally start their day at 6am.
Their finishing bakers are responsible for:
- setting their pastry displays with desserts such as bread puddings, creme brûlée, fresh fruit tarts, lemon meringue pies, and assorted cream pies
- assembling catering platters
- decorating plenty of celebration cakes
- assisting in putting away vendor orders
- helping maintain a clean and orderly kitchen
- working alongside a positive and supportive team!
- Some baking and or cake decorating experience is required
- Open availability, including weekends and holidays
- An innate sense of hustle and an eye for detail are a must
- Must have a strong work ethic, be well-organized and positive, and be extremely enthusiastic about pastry and working as part of a fun-loving team
- They ask for a one year commitment to this position
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training and communication to make you a better baker and manager! They offer competitive pay, benefits, 401k, and all the pastries you can eat! Candidates must posses a strong work ethic, have a positive outlook, be extremely enthusiastic about pastry, be open to feedback, and committed to continuous improvement.