Do you like to eat (and make) award winning baked goods and sandwiches?
Do you like managing an all-star team in a wonderful environment?
If so, do they have an opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is currently hiring a Pastry Chef for one of our locations. This person will work with owner Joanne Chang and the entire Flour team to ensure that the missions of Flour are being met at all times.
Day-to-Day Performance Expectations:
- Interview, hire, manage, review, discipline staff and keep a well trained team on staff
- Support the bakers in their work; correct issues, help make smooth transitions with changes, jump in to help manage workload, maintain a calm and composed demeanor regardless of whatever is going on
- Maintain a clean and organized pastry kitchen
- Be vigilant with product quality; taste three things daily; take note of any pastry that is not normal looking, constantly be looking at what’s on display – play Nancy Drew!
- Be a vocal part of the management team to improve the bakery
- Lead weekly tastings
- Write an production lists for each baker with room for flexibility
- Internal and external ordering and updating of par sheets
- Execute monthly pastry specials for your specific location
This is a full time salaried position and the ideal candidate should be energetic, extremely positive, very organized, clean, and able to easily multi-task. The ability to perform well under pressure and be comfortable in a fast-paced kitchen is a plus.
- At least 3 years of managerial experience
- A minimum of 2 years of professional pastry experience.
- A two year commitment to the position
- Early morning, evening, holiday, and weekend availability is a must.
- Have an unparalleled passion for great food and pastry.
Benefits include a generous compensation package commensurate to qualifications; health insurance, dental insurance, 401k retirement, paid vacation. Flour strives to give staff the real potential for growth and professional development in a well-established and well-loved company. Flour also provides a chance to be a part of a thriving, top-quality company that is committed to being great to its staff, to its guests, and to its citywide neighbors and colleagues.