Do you like to eat and make award winning baked goods and sandwiches?
Do you like working on a great team in a wonderful environment?
If so, they have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is now hiring for a full time Opening Baker! Opening bakers start their day at 4am so being a morning person is a must! They offer a generous transportation reimbursement for early morning commuting!
They are a high volume, fast paced bakery that strives for perfection – acceptance of constructive feedback and an eye for detail are important.
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- baking all of the breakfast pastries and setting the morning counter display
- assembling catering platters
- light prep work including scooping muffins, making rice crispy treats and chia pudding
- assisting with putting away vendor orders
- helping maintain a clean and orderly kitchen
Skills for Qualification:
- Have ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and be self motivated.
- Must have at least one year professional kitchen experience.
- Ability to arrive at the bakery at 4am (commuting costs discounted/reimbursed through Flour!)
- Have open availability, including holidays and weekends
- They ask for a one year commitment from their opening bakers.
- Report to/support the Pastry Chef in achieving his/her objectives and performance goals within the context of the Flour mission.
- Focus on the food, environment and efficiency tenets of their mission.
- Success in this role includes incredible attention to detail, positive attitude, and be well organized.
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training and communication to make you a better baker (plus all the pastries you can eat)! They offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, a transportation subsidy in early mornings if you don’t own a car, paid vacation/sick time, a great staff meal policy, and regular field trips to other bakeries and pastry businesses. They offer a real commitment to growth – both in your pastry knowledge and as mentioned above to growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!