Do you like to eat award winning baked goods and sandwiches?
Do you like managing an all-star team in a wonderful environment?
If so, then Flour Bakery + Cafe is searching for an Front-of-House Manager for their growing team! This person will work with owner Joanne Chang and the entire Flour team to ensure that the missions of Flour are being met at all times.
The FOH Manager is one of three leaders who as a team manage an individual Flour location (the other two leaders being the Pastry Chef and the Savory Chef). The FOH Manager reports to the Director of Operations. The objective of the FOH Manager is to manage the foh team, give superior service to their guests and uphold Flour’s standard of hospitality while working hand-in-hand with the Pastry Chef and Savory Chef in managing their bakery while consistently upholding the Flour missions. Success in the FOH Manager role includes incredible attention to the guests and dining environment, the foh work space, and looking at the big picture view of the bakery while developing team members by providing on-going coaching and training in order to ensure high performance and effective succession planning.
Day-to-Day Performance Expectations:
- Lead in hospitality through in-the-moment coaching, role modeling, and utilizing customer feedback to reinforce and improve quality of service
- Maintain an overall positive team environment by role modeling teamwork and respect in accordance with Flour’s Missions
- Keep lines of communication open between you and these points of contact: the director of operations, the assistant foh manager, your foh staff, the savory chef, the pastry chef, human resources, and the entire team at your location
- Forecast hiring needs and actively recruit, interview, and hire qualified Counter and Shift Lead candidates that meet the needs of the business.
- Working jointly with Pastry Chef and Savory Chef to properly train foh staff on pastry/savory items and procedures to build their expertise of their menu so that they may accurately answer customer questions and make personal recommendations
- Maintain overall bakery cleanliness and organization
- Ensure effective succession planning by identifying and developing future leaders with an interest and potential to grow.
- Ensure customer feedback and concerns are addressed within a timely manner including quotes, receipts and donations
- Manage both their catering orders and their delivery system including follow-up on all catering orders via email or phone
- Oversee staff scheduling and time clock maintenance including overtime and sick/vacation days
- Other duties as assigned
- This is a full time salaried position and candidates should possess a natural sense of hospitality, customer service, be eager to learn, open to feedback, and committed to continuous improvement.
- At least 1-2 years of management experience in the food service industry
- Have early morning, closing, holidays, and weekend availability as required.
- Ability to delegate and lead by example
- Perform well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Clearly communicate within a team
- Be highly organized and possess strong time-management skills
Benefits include a generous compensation package commensurate to qualifications, health/dental insurance, 401k retirement, and paid time off.
Flour strives to give staff the real potential for growth and professional development in a well-established and well-loved company. Flour also provides a chance to be a part of a thriving, top-quality company that is committed to being great to its staff, to its guests, and to its citywide neighbors and colleagues. If you want to grow with Flour, have a passion for great food and hospitality, and want to be a part of a positive team-driven bakery, then this is the job for you!