Do you like to eat award winning baked goods and sandwiches?
Do you like managing an all-star team in a wonderful environment?
If so, then Flour Bakery + Cafe is searching for an Assistant Front-of-House Manager for their growing team! This person will work with owner Joanne Chang and the entire Flour team to ensure that the missions of Flour are being met at all times.
The Assistant Manager is a bakery leader reporting to the FOH Manager and supporting the FOH Manager in achieving their objectives and performance goals within the context of the Flour mission. The Assistant FOH Manager primarily focuses on the service, food, environment and efficiency tenets of their mission. Success in the Assistant FOH Manager role includes incredible hospitality while developing team members by providing ongoing coaching and training in order to ensure high performance and effective succession planning.
Day-to-Day Performance Expectations:
- Lead excellent customer service through in-the-moment coaching, role modeling, and utilizing customer feedback to reinforce and improve quality of service
- Help to maintain an overall positive team environment by role modeling teamwork and respect in accordance with Flours’ Mission
- Provide open communication with your management about the bakeries on-goings, changes, the team, and ideas for improvement
- Demonstrate leadership of the bakery by keeping up with cleanliness and organization and/or assigning cleanliness and
- organization roles to your fellow employees
- Contribute to the development of Counter Staff and Shift Leads by providing regular coaching and feedback to build their knowledge and skills; Recognize and respond to performance issues with FOH Manager oversight
- Assist staff in building their expertise of their menu of bakery and savory products as well as retail so that they may accurately answer customer questions and make personal recommendations
- Demonstrates a mastery of and ability to oversee both their catering orders and their delivery system including managing the follow-up on all catering orders via email or phone
- 80:20 ratio of line:office work
- Writing distributing staff schedule, running list and time clock maintenance for payroll prep
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidates should possess a natural sense of hospitality, customer service, be eager to learn, open to feedback, and committed to continuous improvement.
- At least one year of supervisory experience in the food service industry
- Have early morning, closing, holidays, and weekend availability as required.
- Ability to delegate and lead by example
- Perform well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Clearly communicate within a team
- Be highly organized and possess strong time-management skills
Benefits include a generous compensation package commensurate to qualifications, health/dental insurance, 401k retirement, and paid time off.
Flour strives to give staff the real potential for growth and professional development in a well-established and well-loved company. Flour also provides a chance to be a part of a thriving, top-quality company that is committed to being great to its staff, to its guests, and to its citywide neighbors and colleagues. If you want to grow with Flour, have a passion for great food and hospitality, and want to be a part of a positive team-driven bakery, then this is the job for you!