Do you like to eat award winning baked goods and sandwiches?
Do you like working on a great team in a wonderful environment?
If so, they have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is looking for dining room stewards for full and part time positions!
The Steward directly reports to the bakery Chef/Sous Chef but will also be given direction from the manager, assistant manager, as well as the pastry chef. Flour’s steward responsibility is to provide ultimate hospitality and make sure guests have everything they need to enjoy their visit and the bakery is fully stocked and cleaned. Filled milks, water pitcher, and clean/full condiment station, clean tables chairs and floors, clean/stocked bathrooms, clean patio areas, and trash and recycling emptying as needed. Stewards are a vital part of the guests overall comfort and experience when visiting Flour. Rounds to address each of the above tasks must be conducted every 15min throughout ones shift.
Day-to-Day Performance Expectations:
- Clean & Organize condiment station
- Refilling of water, milk, syrups, lemons etc.
- Stocking utensils, plates, napkins etc
- Removal of full compost, recycling and trash from dining room
- Keeping trash area clean from debris on floors and on/in barrels.
- Restocking bathrooms with toilet paper, paper towels.
- Keeping bathroom floors, sinks, mirrors, trash and toilet clean.
- Cleaning glass windows, doors and keeping them free of smudge marks.
- Clearing tables as soon as guests leave, providing a clean area for the next guest to sit comfortably.
- Bus guests dirty dishes as needed.
- Sweep kitchen, dining room, sandwich station line, walkin’s and freezers throughout the day, keeping all areas clean and dry.
- Assist Dishwasher during high volume of dishes and also while they take their break.
- Assist Chef with any prep or cleaning tasks needed during any downtime
Skills for Qualification:
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Great sense of urgency and hospitality
- Demonstrates good personal hygiene
- Able to take feedback and direction
- Willingness to work as a team and help out however needed
The starting wage for this position is $15 per hour.
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training to make you a better team member (plus all the pastries you can eat)! They offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, and a great staff meal policy. They offer a real commitment to growth – both in your skill/knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!
Apply via the email address below.