Do you love working in a bustling kitchen with a great team environment?
Are you a fanatic about baking and making perfect pastries?
If so, we have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is now hiring for an overnight production baker at our state of the art Big Kitchen in the Seaport! The shift for this position is generally 8pm-4am. We offer a generous transportation reimbursement for early morning commuting!
The Overnight Production Baker is a Big Kitchen (Flour commissary) team member that reports to the Production Pastry Chef and Assistant Production Pastry Chefs and helps in achieving the objectives and performance goals within the context of the Flour mission. The Production Baker’s primary focus is on the daily production and execution of pastries and bread.
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- Arrive at work for your scheduled shift on time (Flour time = 5 minutes early!)
- Help to maintain an overall positive team environment
- Provide open communication with your managers about the bakeries on-goings, changes, the team, and ideas for improvement
- Maintain proper communication with your fellow team members
- Demonstrate the ability and self awareness to know when you need your manager or fellow employees to help you
- Ability to keep calm while trouble-shooting
- Maintain the Flour standard of quality (MOM test) for all items produced
- Maintain the organization and sanitation standards of the Flour kitchen
- Ensure that your station and work areas are clean , tidy and properly set up for the next day before leaving the premises
Production Focus Requirements:
Exhibit proficiency of all production baker tasks, including but not exclusive of:
- Making base doughs (brioche, laminated, enriched, pie/tart, muffin/sconce batters)
- Making and assembling cakes
- Making frostings, glazings
- Ability to consistently make recipes and speak up when something seems amiss
- Stove-top production such as chocolate pudding, lemon curd
- Oven production such as coffee cake, banana bread
- Cleaning and closing kitchen
- Lifting up to 60lbs
- Operating up to an 80quart hobart mixer, knife work, using the dish washing machine
**Upon proficiency in execution of a focus area, as desired by you, we love being able to cross-train our bakers on as many projects as they are interested in learning and the kitchen is able to accommodate at that time! **
Skills for Qualification:
- At least 1 year of professional baking experience required
- You must enjoy a fast paced, high volume kitchen environment, be driven and have self motivation, and an eye for detail.
- Possess a strong work ethic, be well-organized and positive
- Be extremely enthusiastic about pastry and working as part of a fun-loving team
- Open availability to work, including weekends and holidays.
- We ask for a year commitment for this position.
The starting wage for this position is $19-$21 per hour($19 per hour + a shared percentage of the sales known as the BOH appreciation, which on average adds around $2 per hour).
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training to make you a better team member (plus all the pastries you can eat)! We offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, and a great staff meal policy. We offer a real commitment to growth – both in your skill/knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!