Do you love working in a bustling kitchen with a great team environment?
Are you a fanatic about baking and making perfect pastries?
If so, they have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is now hiring for a overnight production baker at their state of the art Big Kitchen in the Seaport!
This is a full-time position with potential to grow with Flour Bakery. Bakers have the opportunity to work every station to get a well-rounded perspective on the pastry operations in the bakery. The overnight production baker generally works a 11:00pm-7:00am shift.
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- Work collaboratively as part of a dynamic team
- Exhibit proficiency of all production baker tasks, including but not exclusive of:
○ Making base doughs (brioche, laminated, enriched, pie/tart, muffin/sconce batters)
○ Making and assembling cakes
○ Making frostings, glazings
○ Ability to consistently make recipes and speak up when something seems amiss
○ Stove-top production
○ Oven production
○ cleaning and closing kitchen
○ lifting up to 60lbs
○ operating up to an 80 quart Hobart mixer, knife work, using the dish washing machine
- Demonstrate the ability and self awareness to know when you need your manager or fellow employees to help you
- Ability to keep calm while troubleshooting
- Maintain the organization and sanitation standards of the Flour kitchen
- The shift is very physically active, you are constantly on your feet and moving through the kitchen
Skills for Qualification:
- At least 1 year of professional baking experience required
- You must enjoy a fast paced, high volume kitchen environment, be driven and have self motivation, and an eye for detail.
- Possess a strong work ethic, be well-organized and positive
- Be extremely enthusiastic about pastry and working as part of a fun-loving team
- Open availability to work, including weekends and holidays.
- They ask for a year commitment for this position.
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training to make you a better team member (plus all the pastries you can eat)! They offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, and a great staff meal policy.
They offer a real commitment to growth – both in your skill/knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!