Do you like to make award winning baked goods and sandwiches?
Do you like working on a great team in a wonderful environment?
If so, then this might be the perfect opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is looking for a full-time Overnight Pastry Prep/Packer at their production kitchen in the Seaport! Shift times are generally 10pm-6am or 11pm-7am. The Pastry Prep/Packer will be responsible for portioning doughs, miscellaneous production tasks, quality control and preparation of products for transportation.
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training and communication to make you a better baker, and all the pastries you can eat!
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- Extreme enthusiasm about pastry, baking and working as part of a team is a must!
- Applicants must have a strong work ethic, be well-organized, be positive, and be eager to learn
- You must be open to feedback and committed to continuous improvement
- They are seeking self-motivated employees who work well in a fun, positive, fast-paced team environment with possibilities for advancement.
- Excellent attendance, reliability, communication and interpersonal skills
- Readily adaptable to change
- Embraces new information and learns quickly
- Actively problem solves using sound judgment
Skills for Qualification:
- Maintain the Flour standard of quality (MOM test) for all items produced
- Maintain the organization and sanitation standards of the Flour kitchen
- Ensure that your station and work areas are clean, tidy and properly set up for the next day before leaving the premises
- Experience in a professional kitchen is preferred
- Availability to work holidays and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs regularly
- The shift is very physically active, you are constantly on your feet and moving through the kitchen.
Compensation: The starting wage for this position is $17 per hour.
Additional Information: Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training and communication to make you a better baker (plus all the pastries you can eat)! They offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, a great staff meal policy, and regular field trips to other bakeries and pastry businesses. They offer a real commitment to growth – both in your pastry knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours! They look forward to meeting you!