Do you like to eat and make award winning baked goods and sandwiches? Do you like working on a great team in a wonderful environment?
If so, we have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is now hiring for a full time Overnight Opening Baker! Opening Bakers are responsible for the crucial daily bake off of all of our delicious pastries. This is a full-time position with potential to grow within the company. We are a high volume, fast paced bakery that strives for perfection – acceptance of constructive feedback and an eye for detail are important.
The shift time for this position is 10pm-6am.
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- baking all of the morning breakfast pastries including brioche items, muffins, scones, croissants, pop tarts and then moving onto afternoon pastries such as cookies
- finishing touches on our morning pastries such as glazes
- production prep including making glazes, brioche set-up for proofing, croissant rolling and egg washing
- helping maintain a clean and orderly kitchen
Skills for Qualification:
- Have the ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and be self motivated
- Must have at least one year professional baking experience
- Ability to work from 10pm until 6am
- Have open availability, including holidays and weekends
- We ask for a one year commitment from our overnight opening bakers
- Report to/support the production managers in achieving their objectives and performance goals within the context of the Flour mission
- Focus on the food, environment and efficiency tenets of our mission
- Success in this role includes incredible attention to detail, hustle, a positive attitude, and being well organized
The starting wage for this position is $25-$27 per hour ($25 per hour + a shared percentage of the sales known as the BOH appreciation, which on average adds around $2 per hour).
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training and communication to make you a better baker (plus all the pastries you can eat)! We offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, a great staff meal policy, and regular field trips to other bakeries and pastry businesses. We offer a real commitment to growth – both in your pastry knowledge and as mentioned above to growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below or use the application link.