Do you like to eat and make award winning baked goods and sandwiches?
Do you like working on a great team in a wonderful environment?
If so, we have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is now hiring for a full time Overnight Opening Baker! Opening Bakers are responsible for the crucial daily bake off of all of our delicious pastries. This is a full-time position with potential to grow within the company.
We are a high volume, fast paced bakery that strives for perfection – acceptance of constructive feedback and an eye for detail are important.
The shift time for this position is 10pm-6am.
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- baking all of the morning breakfast pastries including brioche items, muffins, scones, croissants, pop tarts and then moving onto afternoon pastries such as cookies
- finishing touches on our morning pastries such as glazes
- production prep including making glazes, brioche set-up for proofing, croissant rolling and egg washing
- helping maintain a clean and orderly kitchen
Skills for Qualification:
- Have the ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and be self motivated
- Must have at least one year professional baking experience
- Ability to work from 10pm until 6am
- Have open availability, including holidays and weekends
- We ask for a one year commitment from our overnight opening bakers
- Report to/support the production managers in achieving their objectives and performance goals within the context of the Flour mission
- Focus on the food, environment and efficiency tenets of our mission
- Success in this role includes incredible attention to detail, hustle, a positive attitude, and being well organized
The starting wage for this position is $20-$22 per hour($20 per hour + a shared percentage of the sales known as the BOH appreciation, which on average adds around $2 per hour).
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training and communication to make you a better baker (plus all the pastries you can eat)! We offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, a great staff meal policy, and regular field trips to other bakeries and pastry businesses. We offer a real commitment to growth – both in your pastry knowledge and as mentioned above to growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!