Do you love working in a bustling kitchen with a great team environment?
Are you a fanatic about baking and making perfect pastries?
If so, we have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is now hiring for an opening production baker with a BREAD FOCUS at our state of the art Big Kitchen in the Seaport!
This is a full-time position with potential to grow with Flour Bakery. Bakers have the opportunity to work every station to get a well-rounded perspective on the pastry operations in the bakery.
The shift time for this position is generally 2am-10am. We offer a generous transportation reimbursement for early morning commuting when the trains are not running!
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
Arrive at work for your scheduled shift on time (Flour time = 5 minutes early!)
Help to maintain an overall positive team environment
Provide open communication with your managers about the bakeries on-goings, changes, the team, and ideas for improvement
Maintain proper communication with your fellow team members
Demonstrate the ability and self awareness to know when you need your manager or fellow employees to help you
Ability to keep calm while trouble-shooting
Maintain the Flour standard of quality (MOM test) for all items produced
Maintain the organization and sanitation standards of the Flour kitchen
Ensure that your station and work areas are clean , tidy and properly set up for the next day before leaving the premises
Bread Focus Requirements:
Work in a fast-paced, high volume environment with a small team learning all elements of our bread process during the time of day your shift is, which includes:
- How to mix/shape/bake our various from scratch bread types daily
- Proper execution of the bread proofing and troubleshooting process based on temperature changes
- Know the vision of our entire bread life cycle including when the dough is mixed, when it gets baked/sliced, how it is packaged to travel to locations
- Mixing/process/shape our laminated doughs such as croissant or other viennoiserie
- Mixing/process/shape our enriched doughs such a brioche
**Upon proficiency in execution of a focus area, as desired by you, we love being able to cross-train our bakers on as many projects as they are interested in learning and the kitchen is able to accommodate at that time! **
Skills for Qualification:
- At least 1 year of professional baking experience required
- You must enjoy a fast paced, high volume kitchen environment, be driven and have self motivation, and an eye for detail.
- Possess a strong work ethic, be well-organized and positive
- Be extremely enthusiastic about pastry and working as part of a fun-loving team
- Open availability to work, including weekends and holidays.
- We ask for a year commitment for this position.
The starting wage for this position is $18-$20 per hour($18 per hour + a shared percentage of the sales known as the BOH appreciation, which on average adds around $2 per hour).
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training to make you a better team member (plus all the pastries you can eat)! We offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, and a great staff meal policy. We offer a real commitment to growth – both in your skill/knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!