Do you like to eat award winning baked goods and sandwiches? Do you like working on a great team in a wonderful environment?
If so, do we have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is looking for experienced Shift Leads for our growing team!
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- Be the model of hospitality in the bakery
- Help to maintain an overall positive team environment
- Provide open communication with your management about the bakeries on-goings, changes, the team, and ideas for improvement
- Demonstrate pride in the bakery by keeping up with cleanliness, and organization and/or assigning cleanliness and organization roles to your fellow employees
- Act as cash controller for the shifts, ensuring accuracy and completion of all cash transactions
- Be adept and knowledgeable with both our catering orders and our delivery system
- Execute perfect store openings and closings in conjunction with your fellow Flour teammates
- Delivering food and beverage orders to guests in the dining room
- Troubleshoot small equipment problems and be fully aware of protocols for equipment failure including who to call for repairs, how to solve small problems and typical equipment substitutions or workarounds
- Place beverage orders
- Take inventory of tea, coffee, and juices
This is a great position if you are looking for more responsibility and growth into management. We are seeking self-motivated employees who thrive working in a fun positive environment and who want to learn how to better delegate, give feedback and think critically within a team.
Skills for Qualification:
Applicants should be enthusiastic, hard working, possess strong customer service skills, and be able to work in a professional kitchen. At least one year of professional food service experience is required, and prior supervisory experience is highly preferred. We also ask for availability of 30-40 hours a week and a minimum commitment of one year for shift leaders, unfortunately, we do not offer seasonal or temporary work.
Average compensation of $21-$25 per hour (base wage of $16 + $5-9 per hour in pooled tips).
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training to make you a better team member (plus all the pastries you can eat)! We offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, and a great staff meal policy. We offer a real commitment to growth – both in your skill/knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below or use the online application link.