Flour Bakery + Cafe is searching for a Front-of-House Manager for their growing team! This person will work with owner Joanne Chang and the entire Flour team to ensure that the missions of Flour are being met at all times.
The FOH Manager is one of the key leaders who manage an individual Flour location. The FOH Manager reports to the Director of Operations. The objective of the FOH Manager is to manage the foh team, give superior service to guests and uphold Flour’s standard of hospitality while managing their bakery – all while consistently upholding the Flour missions. Success in the FOH Manager role includes incredible attention to the guests and dining environment, the foh work space, and looking at the big picture view of the bakery while developing team members by providing on-going coaching and training in order to ensure high performance and effective succession planning.
Day-to-Day Performance Expectations:
- Lead in hospitality through in-the-moment coaching, role modeling, and utilizing customer feedback to reinforce and improve the quality of service
- Maintain an overall positive team environment by role modeling teamwork and respect in accordance with Flour’s Missions
- Forecast hiring needs and actively recruit, interview, and hire qualified Counter and Shift Lead candidates that meet the needs of the business.
- Working jointly with the Kitchen Manager to properly train foh staff on pastry/savory items and procedures to build their expertise of the menu so that they may accurately answer customer questions and make personal recommendations
- Maintain overall bakery cleanliness and organization
- Ensure effective succession planning by identifying and developing future leaders with an interest and potential to grow.
- Ensure customer feedback and concerns are addressed within a timely manner including quotes, receipts and donations
- Manage both catering orders and delivery system including follow-up on all catering orders via email or phone
- Oversee staff scheduling and time clock maintenance including overtime and sick/vacation days
- Other duties as assigned
- This is a full time salaried position and candidates should possess a natural sense of hospitality, customer service, be eager to learn, open to feedback, and committed to continuous improvement.
Skills for Qualification:
- At least 1-2 years of management experience in the food service industry
- Have early morning, closing, holidays, and weekend availability as required.
- Ability to delegate and lead by example
- Perform well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Clearly communicate within a team
- Be highly organized and possess strong time-management skills
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training to make you a better team member (plus all the pastries you can eat)! They offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, and a great staff meal policy. They offer a real commitment to growth – both in your skill/knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!