Do you love working in a bustling kitchen with a great team environment?
Are you a fanatic about baking and making perfect pastries?
If so, we have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is now hiring for a baker at our new state of the art Big Kitchen in the Seaport! This is a full-time position with potential to grow with Flour Bakery. Bakers have the opportunity to work every station to get a well-rounded perspective on the pastry operations in the bakery.
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- Finish and decorate all of Flour’s cakes, pies, tarts for guest pre-orders and our location’s house cakes. Some of our cake flavors include lemon raspberry, carrot, and midnight chocolate cake.
- Cake assembly with slicing and crumb coats
- Complete production projects such as making caramel, ganache, and glazes
- Help to maintain a clean and orderly kitchen
- Work collaboratively as part of a dynamic team
Skills for Qualification:
- You must enjoy a fast paced, high volume kitchen environment
- Be driven and self-motivated, and have an eye for detail
- Possess a strong work ethic, be well-organized and positive
- Be extremely enthusiastic about pastry and working as part of a fun-loving team
- Flour requires candidates to have professional kitchen experience
- Weekend availability is a must. This shift is typically scheduled as 4 – 10 hour shift/days per week
- We ask for a 1 year commitment for this position
Compensation: The starting wage for this position is $17 per hour.
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training to make you a better team member (plus all the pastries you can eat)! We offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, and a great staff meal policy. We offer a real commitment to growth – both in your skill/knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!