Do you like to eat award winning baked goods and sandwiches? Do you like working on a great team in a wonderful environment?
If so, we have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is looking for exceptional hospitality minded Catering Service Associates for full time positions!
You’ll be answering phones, email, and other inquiries about our catering program at Flour. You will be responsible for working closely with the Catering Coordinator and the Director of Catering to serve our guests in all areas including taking and recording orders into spoonfed (online catering system), identifying customer needs, verifying guest information, providing menu and delivery solutions, calmly providing empathetic solutions to guest problems, clearly communicating to bakery managers and logistics team, and seizing opportunities to upsell products when possible.
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- Lead hospitality through positive guest phone and email communication, and utilizing customer feedback to reinforce and improve the quality of service.
- Enter spoonfed(catering orders) accurately
- Take and process payments for catering and orders in general.
- Exude phone hospitality at the highest level
- Make sure all orders are perfectly communicated to locations
- Help respond to catering emails.
- Work with managers, logistics and catering team to organize daily deliveries.
- Follow up with catering guests to ensure they had a positive experience and to strengthen guest relationships.
- Provide open communication with the Director of Catering, Catering Coordinator, team and staff about order changes, customer situations and ideas for improvement.
- Help maintain overall catering organization and timeliness.
- Ensure customer feedback and concerns are addressed in a timely manner including quotes, receipts, and donations.
- Help coordinate day of requests for catering and deliveries.
- Help coordinate wedding deliveries.
- Must have superior attention to detail related to all catering activities.
Skills for Qualification:
- We are seeking self-motivated employees who work well in a fun, positive, fast-paced team environment with possibilities for advancement.
- 1-year minimum work in the foodservice industry fast-casual setting preferred.
- 6 months of work with some type of catering service preferred
- 6 months of previous customer service experience involving answering phones and emails preferred
- Open availability to work, including holidays, nights, and weekends
- Open to feedback and committed to continuous improvement
- Dedicated to exceeding the expectations of customers
- Excellent attendance, reliability, communication and interpersonal skills
- Embraces new information and learns quickly
- Attention to detail
- Actively problem solves using sound judgment
- Effective time management
- Ability to show patience and calm during busy/ stressful times.
- We ask for a minimum commitment of one year, unfortunately, we do not offer seasonal or temporary work.
The starting wage for this position is $17-23 per hour ($17 per hour base rate, plus the BOH appreciation bonus + Catering Fee that adds, on average between $2-5 per hour).
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training to make you a better team member (plus all the pastries you can eat)! We offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, and a great staff meal policy. We offer a real commitment to growth – both in your skill/knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below or use the application link.