Do you love working in a bustling kitchen with a great team environment?
Are you fanatic about baking and making perfect pastries?
If so, Flour Bakery + Cafe is looking for a full time Pastry Finisher/Cake Decorator! This is a full-time position with potential to grow with Flour Bakery. Bakers have the opportunity to cross-train into new positions as well as the opportunity to move into management roles.
Their finishing and decorating bakers generally start their day at 6am.
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- setting their pastry displays with desserts such as bread puddings, creme brûlée, fresh fruit tarts, lemon meringue pies, and assorted cream pies
- assembling catering platters
- decorating plenty of celebration cakes
- assisting in putting away vendor orders
- helping maintain a clean and orderly kitchen
- working alongside a positive and supportive team!
Skills for Qualification:
- Some baking and or cake decorating experience is required
- Open availability, including weekends and holidays
- An innate sense of hustle and an eye for detail are a must
- Must have a strong work ethic, be well-organized and positive, and be extremely enthusiastic about pastry and working as part of a fun-loving team
- They ask for a one year commitment to this position
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training to make you a better team member (plus all the pastries you can eat)! They offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, and a great staff meal policy. They offer a real commitment to growth – both in your skill/knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!