Do you love working in a bustling kitchen with a great team environment?
Are you fanatic about baking and making perfect pastries?
Flour Bakery + Cafe is looking for a baker to join their growing team! This is a full-time position with potential to grow with Flour Bakery. Bakers have the opportunity to work every station to get a well-rounded perspective on the pastry operations in the bakery.
Day-to-day Performance Expectations:
- Bake a variety of cookies to precise coloring
- Bake all of the breakfast pastries and setting the morning counter display assembling catering platters
- Light production projects such as making caramel, mulling cider, scooping muffins, and making chocolate pudding cups
- Assist in putting away vendor orders and helping maintain a clean and orderly kitchen
- Work collaboratively as part of a dynamic team
Skills for Qualification:
- You must enjoy a fast paced, high volume kitchen environment, be driven and have self motivation, and an eye for detail.
- Possess a strong work ethic, be well-organized and positive
- Be extremely enthusiastic about pastry and working as part of a fun-loving team
- Flour requires candidates to have professional kitchen experience and you may need the ability to arrive at the bakery at or before 6am and/or stay as late as 6pm. Weekend availability is a must.
- They ask for a year commitment for this position.
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training to make you a better team member (plus all the pastries you can eat)! They offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, paid vacation/sick time, and a great staff meal policy. They offer a real commitment to growth – both in your skill/knowledge and growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!